Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Anniversary


Oct. 17, 2010
(im a little late with this post... my bad LOL)

It's been a year since we made it official and you asked me to be your girlfriend and what a year its been. We've been through so much; much more than the average couple, at least we think so LoL. From many times of great joy and happiness, to just as many times of loss, sorrow and sadness.

We've been on many journeys, you and me; and the #1 thing that we both agree on that keeps us growing stronger and together is our spiritual journey. I firmly believe that if it wasn't for us choosing to go on that path together and taking turns emailing each other "Bible Quotes" as we like to call them; I honestly don't believe that we would've been able to get through half; if any, of the things God has placed in our path. 

As more time passes and we continue to learn more about each other and even though I'm learning how different and complete opposites we are; I've also learned that its the things that make us so different that I Love and Appreciate the most. For example; you're patient - I'm not LOL well not as much as you hahaha it depends on the topic hahaha; you're passive - I'm aggressive; I handle both the "bad" & "good" emotions and you just like to deal with the "good." =p I unintentionally push people away once I've opened up my heart to them and you continue to choose to stay =D Its harder for you to be away from those closest to you and I suppose me being a military brat has made that easier for me; you hate drama - I'm a drama queen; I'm good at handling confrontation - you don't like it so much.... I'm sure the list can go on and on...but... I believe the fact that we're both "real ass people" and that our common morales and values are what make us so magnetically connected... God, Family, School/Work, and each other....

I'm finally able to let down one of my strongest walls and let you into my Entire world; My Ohana. Losing both my biological parents, especially my Marmy, has made it difficult if not impossible to invite new people into our lives. I'm extremely protective of my family and because of that it took me a year to let you in. Not because I doubted the great man that you are... but simply because I was being overly cautious and I didn't want to let anyone into our lives that I wasn't absolutely positive was going to stay. We didn't need anymore people coming and going or feeling sorry for us; we've had enough of that already. You and my sisters know I could've went longer but I'm glad I didn't. I'm glad you finally met Dad, Zac again and my Church Family that continues to grow. I'm over excited for you to finally meet your "friend" and my other sister and one of my nephews, Makoa! I wish you could meet everyone else too like my other brother Brandon, my other neefy Kai, and the dashes Tasha and Stephen, but you'll meet them one day soon =D

So, anyway, what'd we do for our Anniversary weekend... well it didn't start off the way we'd planned...  his flight was delayed and against our better judgements he had a connecting flight that he ended up missing because of the delay. He didn't arrive into Vegas until almost midnight Friday night =/ The plan was to watch Jabbawockeez at 9:30 then hit up Serendipity Friday night... Saturday was early dinner around 5 then Zumanity at 7:30 and laser crystal after... Sunday was Church, Lunch with Dad and Zac, then chillax for the rest of the night and Monday he left early in the morning.
Well... since he didn't get in until midnight Friday night we had to shift everything over a day. Thankfully the box offices at both Monte Carlo and NYNY were gracious enough to reimburse and change the dates. =D So we got to do everything we planned and a little more. It wasn't the weekend I had envisioned but it ended up being better. I suppose God knows we can handle curve balls LOL in the end WE came out better... we had some great conversations ... laughs... cries... and bonded with my family. I cant wait till you can be around my family more and I know you cant wait either.

The greatest things I've learned so far being in this long distance relationship with you is Communication, Patience, Faith, and Trust. Although all are very difficult to keep hold of; being with you has made it easier to endure.

"Like you said we have to go through all the bad times if we can go through the happy times. Thank you for being patient with me and I know we can get through it all together.
 'Pressing Toward The Goal' I think this title means a lot to US and OUR RELATIONSHIP"

Thank you for being everything I never new I always wanted and needed. Thank you for grinding it out with me as we both go through school, work and everything life throws our way. I Appreciate You!

Happy Anniversary Marcus! I LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment