Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The ManFriend Meets the Sisters

Its taken me a year to introduce the manfriend to my dad and the rest of my family. In my previous blog about our Anniversary weekend I explain all of that. So, now it’s time to let you in on how the weekend went when he met the rest of my sisters and one of my nephews.
It was an awesome weekend! We did nothing but watch movies; ate plenty good food; played games (but he didn’t participate in the Michael Jackson Experience =p maybe next time); and just hung out with the family; my family. The nephew and him definitely had a bonding experience which was fabulous to see. They were crackin up over a game that they weren’t even really playing. They just kept throwing the balls and missing the target and literally laughing for at least a good half hour if not more. They were sooo stinkin cute and hopefully, the weekend gave him a better understanding of me, who I am, how I am and the root of it all where I come from.


 You see, throughout the first year of our relationship I was happily engrossed in his world, his family, his friends, his life. I have grown to love and appreciate his family and friends because it gave me a better understanding of the man that he is. So, before I brought him into my world and my life I was hoping no I was praying the same would happen for him.

Hopefully it did… I think it did anyway hahaha. Especially because he was really welcomed into the family… It wouldn’t be a true welcome if he wasn’t there for a family fight hahahaha. yup that’s right, front and center of a fight with ranting and raving, walking away and chasing and even some tears. My family isn’t one to leave elephants in the room so he most definitely got a taste of that. I’m used to my family being too much for most people *and I don’t understand why cause we’re the shiiiaatt!* hahaha needless to say the manfriend fit right in just like I thought and hoped he would. I was never really worried about the family liking or disliking him; I was more worried about what he would think of Me after this weekend hahaha.


Well whatever he thought it wasn’t ALL bad because he CANT wait to be with the Entire family again. So the weekend was a huge success and most definitely left room for many more good times to be had… so stay tuned for more crazy family stories. Maybe the next story will be about the manfriend and baby sister and brother battling on MJ Experience hahahaha.

1 comment: