Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Angels All Around 2.12.11
It was a normal Saturday; I had a client at 1 o'clock then I had work at 5p. I was on my normal route to school on US 95 south bound. I tend to stay in the far left lane since I just have to stay on one freeway for my entire trip. Normally thats a good idea; but not this Saturday it seems.
I got sideswiped on the freeway which made me hit the wall and then I ricocheted off the wall and began spinning 180 degrees and traveling to the other side of the freeway at the same time and when I finally came to and opened my eyes my car jolted to a stop and I was facing on coming traffic. Praying and screaming for the other cars to be able to stop before someone else hit me.
Thankfully everyone was able to stop in time and Thankfully I didnt hit anyone else while I was spinning out of control. If you remember; I was rear-ended in the middle of July and have pre-existing medical conditions of 3 bulging discs and 1 protruding disc in the cervical part of my spine; so I'm praying that this accident; these injuries didnt make anything worse... if anything I'm praying that they were "whipped" back into place LoL.
For the materialistic part of my life... I LOOOOOVED MY CAR!!! I've only had it for 5 months! It was a perfect car for me! I had little to work with when I had to shop for another car and I ended up finding a gem! I totally believe it was God-sent. It was my moms high school colors, it was already tinted very dark, and there was already a stereo system in it with an ipod dock; it was perfect for me! And now its all buss up! =(
As perfect as this car was for me; it also saved me! So, I'm thankful for that. I had a crazy moment at school last week; a crazy moment about my mom. For a split second I believed she was still alive and I could come home to talk to her. I wondered why I had a moment like that and then this happened. Then my cousin shared a story about a dream he had right before my mom passed and it was about our family and how my biological dad came to take my mom and that it was all going to be ok and we couldn't go with them because we weren't ready yet. I have absolutely NO doubt that my parents were my angels on Saturday, as well as everyday but especially this day.
My Aunt was worried that I would be angry with God because this happened. Truthfully, I never had that thought in my mind at all. All I kept thinking about when it happened was, 1)Aww man not AGAIN 2) MY CAR!! I LOVE MY CAR I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SHOP FOR A NEW ONE and 3) what do i need to do to finish school. While I was speaking to my aunty, my sister, and my brother I realized that I felt like Job from the Bible. How my faith and heart were being tested and in the past I very much Would have been angry with God and that would have been my first battle to overcome but that isnt the case this time. The story of my life has always been a "fight." I've had to fight for everything in my life. Maybe this is one of the reasons this happened; not to show God where my heart is because He already knows that answer; but to show Me how strong I am and how strong my faith in Him is.
I know that it could have been soooo much worse and it could have been another tragic thing my family and I would have had to go through. Its a miracle and I knew how lucky I was but even more so now I know that if I wasn't so strong in my faith and walk with God that things may not have turned out as well as they did. Dont get me wrong this shit sucks! Having to endure all of this again; the pain, the doctors, the insurances, shopping for another car; all of that SUCKS! But I cant help but be grateful to even be walking away from this accident. Theres still a long road ahead and I have absolutely NO patience when it comes to recovery *which is probably another lesson I'm supposed to learn* LoL.
The only reason I'm even posting anything about this experience on here, facebook and twitter is to share my faith in God; to share what I feel was a miraculous moment in my life, and to share how much I realize how extraordinary lucky I am and how much my love for God has changed my outlook on life.
I still believe that my life will always be complicated but with the my trust in God I believe those complications will be easier to bear. Whatever His will is, I WILL finish school even though the question arises "why does my finishing school continue to get prolonged by unforeseen circumstances?"
I just want to finish school and do GREAT HAIR!!!! "... I swear that my personal tragedy will not effect my ability to do great hair!" hahahaha True story though whatever the reason is for all of this; I WILL finish school in the next couple of months so that hopefully I can spend the summer with my family!
Goodnight bloggers.Dream Sweet. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Amen Amen. Love you Sister and I pray you remain Open and Receptive to God's will for you. And I pray that He will make things less complicated for you. I also pray that you'll be here this summer! Woot Woot!
ReplyDelete